My Mother’s Daughter can be such a procrastinator. I often find myself waking up early but still leaving the house later than I would like. It’s an ongoing battle for me.
This morning, while laying in bed when I could have been working out, I scoured the net for ways to get my day started right.
Here are some of the tips I found. Just in case you too have this affliction.
Mind Body Green has a great article on 5 Positive Ways to Start Your Morning.
I found number one to be a great start.
1. When you wake up in the morning, take a few minutes to check-in (go within). Take a few deep breaths and find something that you’re gratefulfor (your children, partner, your health, the warm bed you are in, nature outside your window). Take this time to be thankful for all that you have in your life instead of wasting your energy on thinking about what you don’t have.
Read the rest of the article here.
The Positivity Blog has 7 tips on how to start your day.
5. Get some positive information into your mind over breakfast.
Start your day with something that does not depress you or makes you feel powerless to change your life or the world in some small or bigger way.
Add inspiration and optimism by for example:
- Reading one or a couple of new posts from positive, funny or uplifting blogs or websites.
- Listening to a podcast that boosts your motivation.
- Reading a chapter from a book that inspires you.
The other tips can be found on their site.
The largest list I found was at lifehack.org. They have 25 ideas for starting your day off right!
For me the hardest of these would be number 7.
7. Stay off social media
If you’re one of the people that checks their social media or email as soon as you wake up – stop that now! I didn’t realize how much it affects you until you stop doing it for a while. Each morning spent away from social media is so much more relaxed, peaceful, and joyful. We aren’t screamed at by a constant influx of information and messages and our mind has the capacity to just be.
Would any of these tips work for you? What have you tried that gets you going in the morning?